Monday 10 March 2014

Engine Cleaning 2

So tonight I was getting the engine prepped for painting, seems we are going to get some warmer weather for a few days, so I might as well get started...

Used some chemicals to strip away any wax, grease, etc, then sprayed her down with brake cleaner, dried it all off, and put the heater on and left her for the night...

She should be nice and dry and ready for tomorrow night....

my only concern is do I just leave it on the stand that it's on now and paint what I can, once done flip over and paint the parts it's sitting on ? or can I use the points you see the straps attached to and hoist the engine into the air via the straps and the rafters in my garage, and then I can paint the whole engine at once, let her hang to dry, and put her back on the stand once she is dry and cured....

I don't know if the points I have the straps in are a good way to hold the whole engine, I don't want it to fall, or break or anything near that....

any thoughts ?


















.

No comments:

Post a Comment