Friday 7 March 2014

Grip Dilemma

I have a problem and not sure what to do and what is best...

I purchased new grips and throttle tube, same as I did for the GS these are from a 2004 Yamaha R1, I like the grips they are OK on the hands and all, but...

Putting them onto the Yamaha FZ they are too short, depending on how I adjust the brake or clutch master cylinder, and the electronic box's, the turn signal or the off/on on the throttle side.

I can return the R1 and lose 20% for restocking charges and get the right Yamaha parts, now the R1 cost me 30 will get back 24, and the proper Yamaha set is 50 bucks.....

Do I use what I have, or spend the extra bucks and get the right ones...

this is solely based on looks, and nothing else

in the following pics you will how I mocked up an old grip, cut it to length to show the differences of spacing, and how short it is if I don't space anything, the right ones would cover the big gap seen on the last pic and have all things tightly together...

short grips and spread out to appear correct, or long grips and all tight together as it should be

I am not sure what to do....


here is a pic of all the parts spaced out evenly









Here everything is close together as it should be, and the showing the shortness the R1 grip leaves but would be covered by the correct grip







.

No comments:

Post a Comment