Friday 24 May 2013

hydraulic clutch cleanup

Well tonight I found a bit of time to clean up the hydraulic clutch system. After seeing what my buddy Spyug found, and the headache it cost him, I wanted to be a bit proactive and completely pulled it all apart, cleaned it all up and when ready it will all go back together, and I will know it should not give me any grief.

Now I forgot (shame on me) to take before pictures, there is one in an earlier post on how dirty this area was, and it's more or less about as bad as what Spyug had, however the piston did move back and forth via hand pressure, so it was not as bad and it was not stuck....Seals all seem to be good, no pitting in any critical areas, so it should be good to go.

It will need some painting, but what part won't......

And a few pics....










Piston is not bad at all




I hate pitting, but at least this is not a critical issue and does not affect the function, it's only cosmetic, and once the parts are put together it's not even seen.




Fairly clean on the inside, I will admit I did clean it up, but really it was not bad...




Seals are still good, lucky me, I can just reuse them...









all the parts.....I think it needs to get SS Allen Cap Head bolts for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment