Tuesday 14 May 2013

tear down 8

Well a bit more progress tonight, I finished disassembling the rest of the swing arm....then got to the front end a bit removed the top tripple tree, and now the frame sits on her own. Tomorrow going to finish up tearing down the front, take the front rim off of the forks, the rotors, the lower tripple tree, and that will be the end of the tear down I believe....

I have inquired about powder coating the frame, the rims, and a few tidbits, can't believe the initial pricing, 600 to 700 bucks, this will include all prep work, and then powder coat, well after a bit of searching and some luck, and a point in the right direction I seem to have come across a company that will do it for 350....wow, so this bike might get a better paint job than my GS, but I am still on the fence, 350 bucks can go a long way in the rest of the bike, so I have to give it some more thought....

So soon it will be time to start the clean up of all the parts removed, have to go to the store and re-stock on some cleaning supplies.....

Well a few pictures to show the work tonight, and as you can see it's almost done.......
































So far the best part is it seems all the bearings are in great shape, gong to clean them, grease them up, and it should be good to go for another 30 years......

.

No comments:

Post a Comment