Friday 31 May 2013

Front_forks

Tonight was an easy night, it's too hot and humid to be working, but with a beer by my side, and a bit of determination, I thought it would be good to disassemble the front forks, get them cleaned up, get rid of the old oil that is in them, and put it all back together.

well the first problem was they are off the bike, and the top caps are on good and tight, since I don't have 3 hands, or a vise, I had to call on the neighbor to help me out. I held on tightly of the tube, he used the socket and we managed to loosen off the caps, once loose I knew I could get them off, and off they came.

Took all the innards out, drained the oil, poured a bit of varsol down the tube shook it around and drained that as well. Next will be the rest of the shock to come apart, as I do have to take the seals off one is ripped, but before I dismantle them all the way I have to check to see if this needs to be done, no sense in doing more work than is required, but then again I can paint the lower parts and not have to mask off anything,,,,well I will see....

So a few pictures of tonight's work, and I even included the first part that has been cleaned and painted, you will see it right at the end...























No comments:

Post a Comment