Sunday 2 June 2013

Frame

It's been raining most of today, but caught a bit of a break, and since everything was wet outside anyways, I decided to give the frame a spray of Simple Green, a wire brush in some areas, and just a baby bottle brush for some of the tighter areas, then it got a good blast with the power washer, and left out in the sun for a bit to dry off....

Neighbor across the street came over for a bit to see the progress, and mentioned he has a portable sand blaster, just needs to be hooked up to an air compressor, and sand......well I actually do have access to an industrial air compressor, and sand at the local Princess Auto, so maybe by next week I will sand blast the frame, the rims, and the exhaust,,,,ohhh ya, that will save me a lot of time of standing in front of the wire wheel, you gotta love good neighbors.....

And a few pics of the now squeaky clean frame.....












Just after putting the frame back in the garage, I took off all the nuts and bolts cleaned them on the wire wheel, took off the center stand, but I have decided to use all new SS Allen head bolts and nuts and so on, at least I now they are not going to rust, and all will be nice and new, now I just have to go and figure out what I need....

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment