Monday 1 April 2013

1985 Yamaha FZ750 - rebuild

  I need to do something over the winter and what better thing to do than rebuild a bike. Well if you ask my wife she has other ideas, paint the house, hardwood floors, tile, backsplash, ohhh and so many other things, but lucky me, I was able to get these items done and she is happy, now I can go to the man cave and enjoy the rest of the winter.

There are actually 2 bikes in this build, however one I will work on and get going and make it all nice and new like, the other our GS member here Spyug will tackle the Blue bike, somehow he wants a project and a new ride for the upcoming season. His rebuild will probably not be to the level I am thinking of taking mine, he just wants something bigger than his current 550, so his plan is to just get it mechanically safe and sound, operational and on the road, where I am going to go and follow my other rebuild, you know the GS750E and probably match that.

Well here are a few pics of what we are starting with, and I will take photos as I go along, so if your interested, subscribe and enjoy the ride...

just be fore-warned this build will not be right away, it will be a few weeks off before I start, I still have a few small items to do in the house before I am actually free and clear....

so here we go...




















Hey if anyone has parts, they would like to donate or sell for a small price do let me know what you have, I just might need it

No comments:

Post a Comment