Friday 26 April 2013

tear down 3

Well continuing with the tear down, and it's coming along very nicely...

got all the coolant lines off, got the oil rail off, the starter motor is out, as well I manged to remove the clipons along with the levers and cables still attached to them, those items I will work on latter to get off.

I wanted to remove the alternator as well tonight, and after removing the 2 bolts that I thought were holding it in place, it wouldn't budge, checked the manual and it seems that is all that is holding it in place, but it's being stubborn, so I left it for tonight and will get back to it at my next go around...might have to study the manual a bit more to make sure I didn't miss anything, could be it's just held on by being on for the last 25 plus years....

well a few pics of tonight's progress

the plumbing



the controls....










less and less up front.....





interesting way of delivering oil to the top of the head, as opposed to te GS where it's flexible lines, the Yamaha uses a rigid tube







nice intake port, strange how it's oval shaped and not round...



O rings seem to be OK, will pull them out latter to see if they are squished, I really don't want to be getting new ones but I will if need be




the starting motor, does not spin freely, has some sort of resistance, not sure if that is normal, going to have to open it up and see....





that's all for tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment