Friday 19 April 2013

Well here we go......

So, I finally got the time, the will and the room.....

Had to get my GS out of the garage, the Harley that is almost done, and a bit of organization, and I was able to get both of the FZ's into the garage.

Before they came in I took the pressure washer to each bike, soaped them down, let that sit for a bit and hosed it off, took the leaf blower and blew off all the excess water, and into the garage they went...

Sorry no pics of the bike getting a bath.....

There really is not a lot I want to do, in way of tear down, took only a few things off for now, just to gain more room to work on the bike, but the first thing is to see if she is alive and will she run......I know she cranks over, but will she rumble....this is still a mystery.....

I have my good buddy Spyug coming down in the morning, bring the extra battery, and the IV bottle (I can't find mine, bloody hell) and first order of business is to get the bike running, if not running, at least make sure there is enough to know that she will run.....

I have fresh gas, getting some oil, as I don't even know if there is any in the bike, got the charger as well, and a whole lot of prayer....

Well here are a few pictures, to get us going, and hopefully there will be many more....

























There is hope for this bike, if she starts....

There is a lot of work ahead, but it should be no worse than the GS750E I did, however I do see a bit more rust on this one, and a few parts that are missing and will be a pain to find and or get....

I will try to do this one just as good if not better than the GS

If cash is not an issue, this one will get powder coated frame, bits and pieces that are attached to the frame as well, all new stainless steel nuts and bolts where I can, painted engine ( of course ) new tires, battery, ss brake lines, grips, and a rebuild of the carbs, a fresh new paint job, probably in the way it was ( this is still up in the air ) new decals to go and some new body work, as some of it is broken....

Hopefully......

No comments:

Post a Comment