Friday 3 January 2014

not bent

Well good news....

Took a drive over to my good buddy Spyug's place and picked up the extra arm he had from his spare bike, hopeful that it would be just a perfect fit and bike building could continue....

So after a good glass of wine, some fine Honey flavored Scotch, it was to just to try it, not bad, but better suited for the ladies...and after I dropped of my tins for plastic repair (Spyug can do amazing work with lego and acetone...) some good conversation, I put the arm in the back of the SUV and went home....

I was no sooner in the door, with arm in hand, I ran down the stairs to where the bike frame is, and just had to try and see if the new arm would fit.....

Well there was no problem like OJ had where the glove didn't fit, this arm fit the spot like a glove, as though it was there all it's life....

With the perfect fitament, I am confident that my frame is not bent, it was just the arm, and I will continue now with the rest of the build.....

I just hope I don't run into anymore scares like this one....

ohhhh and a few pictures of the arm in place...tomorrow I will hit it with the wire wheel, and give her a coat of paint, should match up just nicely with the rest of the frame once that is done...















.

No comments:

Post a Comment