Wednesday 19 February 2014

Battery and Lights

And on the 7th day.........

Well I am well past the 7th day on this one, but none the less, I picked up a battery yesterday, nothing special, and nothing expensive, but it has 12 volts, and for right now that's all it needs to have. Actually the reviews are not bad on it, something like 190CCA, so it should last me for some time, well at least a season...

I almost dropped a load though, yesterday I charged up the battery, checked it today, showed 12.7 volts, perfect, so I put the thing into the bike, hooked up everything, and turned the key......

NOTHING.....not even a spark....

Crap, checked the voltage, good, checked the wires, plus OK, ground OK, even ran a second ground, but still no life....

So I thought back over the months I have been at this, and remembered I took the ignition switch apart, to clean and lube, it was crappy, wouldn't lock and stiff to turn, so I took it apart again, and found my mistake, there is a ring inside and I put it in the wrong sequence, shuffled things around a bit, put it back together, and plugged it in....

Turned the key to ON, and BAMMMMMMM, the bike lit up like a Christmas tree, the fuel pump rattled to life, and I am happy....

As they say, Lights, Camera, Action.......

Well a few pics at least...











.

No comments:

Post a Comment