Wednesday 5 February 2014

cleaning carbs...

Today was spent cleaning up the carbs....

I don't have new O rings, I don't have a ultrasonic cleaner, so it was carb cleaner out of the can, some MrClean didn't even have PineSol this time around, broke them down as far as I wanted to, dipped the the rest in the MrClean and hot water going to let them soak for a few hours, and I am going to hope for the best....

The best part, if it don't work, these are really easy to get at, out of the bike and a full strip and clean can be done latter....

For now they are as good as I can do, without going all the way....

Yes I know, I should go all the way, I just don't have the patience this time, and all the necessary parts....so let's see what happens....

And a few pictures of course...







Yes there is some crap in the bowls....






Shiny bowls, a few minutes with the wire wheel, and you get instant bling...Ohh the tops will get painted black....of course





Not bad just the way they are...





Some nice SS Alen Cap screw will go nice....





The rest of the carb bodies are taking a soak in the bucket......



.

No comments:

Post a Comment