Wednesday 5 June 2013

Clutch

Well tonight I took the clutch cover off to have a look at my clutch, and to take a few pictures so that my buddy Spyug can compare his setup to my setup.....

I have the push rod, the bearing, the actuator, 8 fibre plates, 8 steel plates, but I do not have the thrust bearing or washer since it's a 1985 model, so Spyug should not need it either, and should probably remove the one we took out of his spare engine.

I believe there is a problem on how the clutch discs have been put back in his bike, the steel plates have a smooth side, and one side is sort of rounded, plus the last friction plate (by last I mean the one closest to the outside of the engine) I think needs to be put in a certain way, but I will have to check on that tomorrow, I read about it after I put mine all back together, and it got late to take it all apart again, I will look tomorrow and confirm.

I will try to hook up the system back up tomorrow and try the clutch lever and see if mine works as it should, it better as it did work before I took all of this apart....

I hope the pics will help some and if not I can take some more....




























No comments:

Post a Comment