Saturday 8 June 2013

SandBlasting

Well, I decided to try may hand at sand blasting, went out purchased 3 bags of glass, not sand, each bag was 50 pounds, loaded up the truck with the bike parts and the borrowed sand blaster. Took it all to my sons godfathers place, he has a big shop and a big air compressor.

Well this crap goes everywhere, good thing I had gloves, safety glasses and a mask to cover the nose and mouth, I had sand in my ears, down my shirt, and just about everywhere else at the end of the day.....

So, a few issues with the blaster it kept on clogging up, seems it had crap inside from before, but I did get done almost everything I set out to do, forgot a few metal bars, but I can do those on the wire wheel.

I am not really happy with the end result, it feels rough, rougher than I expected, yes I used a fine media, well 2 different kind, really fine and fine, and it seems to have left almost like a pitting effect, very noticeable on the rims so I am not really happy....

Worse case scenario, I will take it to the place I found that will do the prep, and powder coat, might need to do this if I cannot get it to my satisfaction....

and of course some pictures....



















No comments:

Post a Comment